hi there!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

As I walk down the streets of this small city I think about my surroundings, and how amazing they look under the dark night sky. It is summer, and the sun usually stays up all night, but tonight it's different. Black clouds blanket the sky, letting no light seep through. The only lights I see are the ones lining the street. This light illuminates the road, reflecting every building in the water running through the city. I can smell the sweetness of the rain that is pouring from the sky. Through the sound of the pouring rain I hear something else. It starts as a low grumbling and ends in a loud crack. The sound startles me and I look up, letting the water drench my face, just in time to see a long bolt of lightning slice through the clouds.It was big and bright, and gone is a flash. It's incredible how beautiful a storm can be.

1 comment:

  1. I really, really liked reading Jesse's story about the storm. She worded it so powerfully and brought it to life. It was like you were there almost. If I didn't know this was Jesse's blog, I could believe it was a part from a story book. :)

    ReplyDelete